On Thu, 13 Jun 2024 at 10:46, Stefan G. Weichinger <li...@xunil.at> wrote:

> Am 13.06.24 um 10:24 schrieb Marcin Haba:
> > On Thu, 13 Jun 2024 at 10:02, Stefan G. Weichinger <li...@xunil.at
> > <mailto:li...@xunil.at>> wrote:
> >     I don't see how to assign the ACL to that user, sry
> >

> >   In the create API basic user window there is an option with label:
> >
> > "Create dedicated Bconsole config file"
> >
> > When you check this checkbox, you will see the Console ACL and Director
> > to select. It is exactly this option and this select to choose Console
> ACL.
>
> found, ok. Did so but now the user sees NO Storage in "Storage" although
> I chose the autoloader in the ACL etc
>
> Do I have to restart things after that patch or so?

Hello Stefan,

You don't need to restart anything. Are you sure that you set all
CommandAcl directive values in the Console ACL? They should be one command
per one CommandAcl field:

CommandAcl = gui
CommandAcl = .api
CommandAcl = .status
CommandAcl = .storage
CommandAcl = delete
CommandAcl = show
CommandAcl = mount
CommandAcl = umount
CommandAcl = label
CommandAcl = update

If storage is not listed in the storage table it can be that the .storage
command is missing there. Could you confirm it? Also StorageAcl needs to be
set to all Storage that should be available for that user.

> > I am not sure if I understand this question. What type of inserting do
> > you have on mind? Is it a list of volumes that will be used in backups
> > or something else?
>
> I would I want to get the information which tapes to insert into the
> loader. Which ones are "overwritable" right now, what is needed for the
> next jobs to be successful. I'd like not to have to process retention
> times etc by myself.

I understand. Thanks. I don't know exactly this type of function in Bacula,
however in the status director is information about the next volume for
scheduled backup jobs. In Bacularis it is in (Director -> Tab: Actions ->
Button: Status director  ->  SubTab: Raw status). For restore the required
volumes are listed in the restore wizard before starting the restore.

Best regards,
Marcin Haba (gani)
--

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for
his friends." Jesus Christ

"Większej miłości nikt nie ma nad tę, jak gdy kto życie swoje kładzie
za przyjaciół swoich." Jezus Chrystus