Hi Bill,

The following is the output of 'status director' when the jobs are waiting.

 597  Back Full    146,973    667.8 G    fileserver-active         is
running
 599  Back Incr          0         0               obsdata4
   is waiting for higher priority jobs to finish

It seems that "obsdata4" it is waiting for a higher priority job.
Although the fileserver-active job does not have a priority set in the
config.
Also, obsdata4 has a Priority of 1 (highest), so I am currently unsure on
why this is happening.

Director {
  Name = "bacula-dir"
  Messages = "Daemon"
  DirAddress = 127.0.0.1
  QueryFile = "/etc/bacula/query.sql"
  WorkingDirectory = "/var/spool/bacula"
  PidDirectory = "/var/run"
  MaximumConcurrentJobs = 20
  Password = password
}

Job {
  Name = "obsdata4"
  Type = "Backup"
  Level = "Incremental"
  Storage = "Autochanger"
  FullBackupPool = "LongTerm Archive"
  IncrementalBackupPool = "Archive-Obsdata"
  Client = "stars"
  Fileset = "obsdata4"
  Schedule = "STARS-DailyIncremental"
  JobDefs = "DefaultJob"
  Priority = 1
  Accurate = yes
  AllowDuplicateJobs = no
}

Job {
  Name = "fileserver-active"
  Description = "STN6 Fileserver Active Data Job"
  Type = "Backup"
  Level = "Full"
  Storage = "Autochanger"
  Pool = "Fileserver"
  FullBackupPool = "Fileserver"
  IncrementalBackupPool = "Fileserver"
  Client = "fileserver"
  Fileset = "fileserver-active"
  Schedule = "Fileserver"
  JobDefs = "DefaultJob"
  Accurate = yes
}

On Thu, Jun 27, 2024 at 10:02 AM Bill Arlofski via Bacula-users <
bacula-users@lists.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> On 6/27/24 1:33 PM, Kody Rubio wrote:
> > I am searching for advice and/or expertise in allowing Bacula to use
> multiple tape drives at once.
> >
> > I currently have two separate jobs that use separate Pools, that run
> around the same time. Although the second job is always
> > waiting for the other job to finish. While the second tape drive is
> open, I would like for it to use the second drive and not
> > have to wait for the other drive to be finished.
> > I also read that setting "MaximumConcurrentJobs = 1" for each will allow
> this but I get the same result.
> >
> > Below is my configuration for the devices:
>
> Hello Cody, what does `status director` show when these jobs are "wating"
>
> What does your Director Storage resource look like?
>

> Best regards,
> Bill
>
> --
> Bill Arlofski