Hello,

pon., 29 lip 2024 o 13:33 Thorsten Schöning via Bacula-users <
bacula-users@lists.sourceforge.net> napisał(a):

> * Does the Windows client of Bacula implement CBT based on VSS or does
>    it simply iterate files in the created snapshot? Does it transfer
>    changes within files only at all or always the whole changed files?
>    Even without CBT it could apply some RSYNC-like approach.

Bacula Enterprise Edition includes Delta Plugin which does rsync-like block
level incrementals on files.
Additionally it includes GED Plugin which does block level deduplication
(Single Instance Save).

> * Can the Windows agent be configured remotely, e.g. to change when to
>    backup, which files etc.? Or do I need to do these things manually
>    accessing the client "somehow", chaing some config files etc.?

Any Bacula File Agent is passive regarding backup jobs configuration -
when, what, how, where is always defined in the Director.

> * Can the agent be updated automatically when a new version of Bacula is
>    deployed? I've only read about some installers yet and stuff about
>    compatible versions.

Bacula File Agent will not update automatically because it is a part of a
wider solution where Director and Storage Daemon should be automatically
upgraded as well.
You can implement automatic upgrades using third party tools for proper
change management.

> * Does Bacula support some sort of tenants? For ABB I'm using one BTRFS
>    subvolume per Windows client to strictly seperate data. While it makes
>    deduplication less efficient, that wasn't too much of a problem yet.
>    Looking at the architecture with centralied database and storage pool,
>    it doesn't seem supported/possible to me currently?

Depending on your definition of a "tenant" - you can use the same approach
as you have now.

> * What's the preferred tunneling for Bacula, OpenVPN or SSH? I'm using
>    ABB with OpenVPN and it works pretty well. But maybe the Windows agent
>    has some hooks ore something where SSH-tunnels might be created and
>    those used instead?

Any solution will work, there is no preferred way.

best regards
--
Radosław Korzeniewski
rados...@korzeniewski.net