Hello Jim,

A while ago I built the bacula code several times from source and installed it
all on various raspberry pi's, which then ran for quite a while as the backup
server for several machines. I also had to build the various client software
again for several machines, including a raspberry pi and a Mac. I used the
first chapter of the Bacula Miscellaneous Guide to help with the compiling of
the code and from memory it went very easily. There is a "make install" to
correctly put all the software in the right place and various scripts as well
are also provided. The scripts include the various database configuration
scripts as well as the sample configuration files. From my experience it was
easier to always install the source tree, build and install that rather than
try and make a package, but then I have little experience in making packages.

David Waller
david.wall...@blueyonder.co.uk