[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< > Well, Ms Root became a Hand of the Cause because Shoghi Effendi made more
 > appointments to that station than His predecessors did. Why did he do
 that?

 Wasn't she appointed post-homusly?

 warmest, Susan

You are right. It was posthumously appointed, I believe it was the simple
fact that she passed away before Shoghi Effendi named his first contingent, is
that not right. While he did not appoint her while alive, it was a fact that she
largely travelled at his behest. I have her biography on the bookshelf, I'll
have to take it down and read it again, it has been years.

Regards,

Scott