Dear Gilberto,

Forgive me, I neglected to include your comment; the perplexing one ... : ) in my last post and which I offered some Bibical verses in response.

This was your comment:

<> For me personally, the Gospels made more sense when I realized that the disciples were kind of like sufis. Not everybody is supposed to be a disciple necessary. The disciples of Jesus were a special group with a more specialized set of requirements. Some teachings were for them, and other teachings were for the general crowd. Not all men can receive this saying, but only those to whom it is given. So Jesus wasn't abolishing the laws in the Torah about divorce, he was giving more specific instructions to his disciples. <>

Also, in different post there was this question...

Some time ago you wrote: <> And I thought there was a passage actually in the writings saying that previous religions (at least Islam) was intended to be universal but the blamed the behavior of the followers.<>

Perhaps this is what you were thinking of:

Not for a moment hath His grace been withheld, nor have the showers of His loving-kindness ceased to rain upon mankind.
Consequently, such behavior can be attributed to naught save the petty-mindedness of such souls as tread the valley of arrogance and pride, are lost in the wilds of remoteness, walk in the ways of their idle fancy, and follow the dictates of the leaders of their faith. Their chief concern is mere
opposition; their sole desire is to ignore the truth. Unto
every discerning observer it is evident and manifest that had these people in the days of each of the Manifestations of the Sun of Truth sanctified their eyes, their ears, and their
hearts from whatever they had seen, heard, and felt, they
surely would not have been deprived of beholding the beauty of God, nor strayed far from the habitations of glory. But having weighed the testimony of God by the standard of their own knowledge, gleaned from the teachings of the leaders of their faith, and found it at variance with their limited understanding, they arose to perpetrate such unseemly acts....

(Baha'u'llah, Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, p.
18-19)

Sandra