>>I think you're thinking of as statement of the Bab, but I don't remember
>>enough to search for it.<<

"In the Bayan the Bab says that every religion of the past was fit to become
universal.  The only reason why they failed to attain that mark was the
incompetence of their followers.  He then proceeds to give a definite promise
that this would not be the fate of the Revelation of `Him Whom God would make
manifest', that it will become universal and include all the people of the
world.  This shows that we will ultimately succeed.  But could we not through
our shortcomings, failures to sacrifice, and reluctance to concentrate our
efforts in spreading the Cause, retard the realization of that ideal.  And what
would that mean?  It shall mean that we will be held responsible before God,
that the race will remain longer in its state of waywardness, that wars would
not be so soon averted, that human suffering will last longer."
-- From a letter written on behalf of Shoghi Effendi to the National Spiritual
Assembly of the United States and Canada, February 20, 1932; cited: Living the
Life, pp. 3-4 and Lights of Guidance, pp.470-471

With regards, Mark A. Foster * 15 Sites: http://markfoster.net
"Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburger" -- Abbie Hoffman