Dear Gilberto
In a message
http://www.escribe.com/religion/bahaist/m42611.html

http://www.mail-archive.com/bahai-st@list.jccc.edu/msg01649.html

you write in relation to two passages below that it appears as if Dr Mark
Foster's point contradicts the Utterance of the Sacred Iqan and you were
wondering why I would thank him...
***Gilberto:
Khazeh, I don't know why you chose to include that section. It seems
to be saying the opposite of what Mark said. Mark was saying it would
be presumptuous to say that the previous religions were dead, but
that's exactly what your passage seems to be saying.

WHY WOULD YOU BOTHER TO THANK MARK FOR HIS WORDS AND CALL THEM WELL
SAID. WHEN EVERYTHING ELSE YOU WROTE CONTRADICTS IT?***

The Passage in question is:
**** Such a condition as this is witnessed in this day when the reins of
every community have fallen into the grasp of foolish leaders, who lead
after their own whims and desire. On their tongue the mention of God hath
become an empty name; in their midst His holy Word a dead letter.  Such is
the sway of their desires, that the lamp of conscience and reason hath been
quenched in their hearts, and this although the fingers of divine power have
unlocked the portals of the knowledge of God, and the light of divine
knowledge and heavenly grace hath illumined and inspired the essence of all
created things, in such wise that in each and every thing a door of
knowledge hath been opened, and within every atom traces of the sun hath
been made manifest.  And yet, in spite of all these manifold revelations of
divine knowledge, which have encompassed the world, they still vainly
imagine the door of knowledge to be closed, and the showers of mercy to be
stilled. Clinging unto idle fancy, they have strayed far from the
Urvatu'l-Vuthqa of divine knowledge
        (Baha'u'llah:  The Kitab-i-Iqan, Pages: 29-30)****

I really do not see a contradiction. I will explain respectfully if you will
be so kind as to give me your precious time.
In the Baha'I Revelation the Sacred Scriptures are kept sacred
Please I beg you to look at this carefully
*** it should be stated that the Revelation identified with Baha'u'llah
upholds uncompromisingly the eternal verities they enshrine, recognizes
firmly and absolutely the Divine origin of their Authors, PRESERVES
INVIOLATE THE SANCTITY OF THEIR AUTHENTIC SCRIPTURES, DISCLAIMS ANY
INTENTION OF LOWERING THE STATUS OF THEIR FOUNDERS OR OF ABATING THE
SPIRITUAL IDEALS THEY INCULCATE, clarifies and correlates their functions,
reaffirms their common, their unchangeable and fundamental purpose,
reconciles their seemingly divergent claims and doctrines, readily and
gratefully recognizes their respective contributions to the gradual
Unfoldment of one Divine Revelation, unhesitatingly acknowledges itself to
be but one link in the chain of continually progressive Revelations,
supplements their teachings with such laws and ordinances as conform to the
imperative needs, and are dictated by the growing receptivity, of a fast
evolving and constantly changing society****
        (Shoghi Effendi:  God Passes By, Page: 100)
So the Sanctity of the Holy Qur'an is upheld but this is in agreement with
the truth that the peoples of this Day have drifted away
And it is precisely this drifting away that the Imam 'Ali was prophesying
about
*** Not only have the peoples of the earth ignored, and some of them even
assailed, a Faith which is at once the essence, the promise, the reconciler,
and the unifier of all religions, but they have drifted away from their own
religions
        (Shoghi Effendi:  The Promised Day is Come, Page: 112)***
*******
>From Nahjul Balaagha Sermon 146
** On the future
Certainly, a time will come upon you after me when nothing will be more
concealed than rightfulness, nothing more apparent than wrongfulness and
nothing more current than untruth against God and His Prophet. FOR THE
PEOPLE OF THIS PERIOD NOTHING WILL BE MORE VALUELESS THAN THE QUR’ÁN BEING
RECITED AS IT OUGHT TO BE RECITED, NOR ANYTHING MORE VALUABLE THAN THE
QUR’ÁN BEING MISPLACED FROM ITS POSITION. And in the towns nothing will be
more hated than virtue, nor anything more acceptable than vice.         The
holders of the book will throw it away and its memorizers would forget it.
In these days the Qur’án and its people will be exiled and expelled. They
will be companions keeping together on one path, but no one will offer them
asylum. CONSEQUENTLY AT THIS TIME THE QUR’ÁN AND ITS PEOPLE WILL BE AMONG
THE PEOPLE BUT NOT AMONG THEM, WILL BE WITH THEM BUT NOT WITH THEM, BECAUSE
MISGUIDANCE CANNOT ACCORD WITH GUIDANCE EVEN THOUGH THEY MAY BE TOGETHER.
The people will have united on division and will therefore have cut away
from the community, as though they were the leaders of the Qur’án and not
the Qur’án their leader. Nothing of it will be left with them except its
name, and they will know nothing save its writing and its words.

AS to the Status of Nahjul Balaagha [Peak of Eloquence] the Martyr Prophet
the Bab mentions it in His Writings [in the Panj Sha'n]
And previously the Immortal Shaykh Ahmad al-Ah.sai mentions its [Nahj's]
emanation from the Imam 'Ali

I think I am aware of discussions about it but the evidence for authenticity
is very strong
http://www.al-islam.org/al-tawhid/glimpses/2.htm

http://www.al-shia.com/html/eng/books/nahjulbalaga/misconceptions.htm

if you read this and are happy I will come back.
If I write more I do not think you may be able to peruse it
And Salaam be upon him who followeth the guidance
033.044
YUSUFALI: Their salutation on the Day they meet Him will be
"Peace!"[SALAAM]; and He has prepared for them a generous Reward.