Gilberto Simpson
Sent: 20 December 2004 22:35

Gilberto:
So would it be fair to say that the Nahjul Balagha is completely
endorsed by the Bahai faith? Are the writings and teachings of Ahmad
al-Ahsai also completely endorsed?

Dear Gilberto

Your important letter had two further additional points. They are very
precious points and I respect with all sincerity your interest, your
perseverance and good and challenging questions.

Gilberto:
When you say Nahjul Balaagha is "endorsed" in the Faith. In one sense I have
to say Its Message. Its purity Its Illumination.
But of course there is so much ANGELOLOGY in the Nahj. Ie Knowledge of
Angels etc. These descriptions are not literally understood or "endorsed" so
to speak. Deeper meanings are sought exactly like the HURIS [The wide eyed
H.uris] of the Sacred Qur'an or the thirty yard chains
069:032
*  Pickthall And then insert him in a chain whereof the length is seventy
cubits.
Yusuf Ali "Further, make him march in a chain, whereof the length is seventy
cubits!
Shakir Then thrust him into a chain the length of which is seventy cubits.
Sher Ali `Then bind him with a chain, the length of which is seventy cubits,

Khalifa In a chain that is seventy arms long, tie him up.
Palmer then into a chain whose length is seventy cubits force him!
Sale then put him into a chain of the length of seventy cubits:
Rodwell Then into a chain whose length is seventy cubits thrust him;

In relation to Shaykh Ahmad
The Writings of the Bab, Baha'u'llah, 'Abdu'l-Baha, and the Guardian speak
most lovingly and admirably about him. A lot of his Writings expounded
specific Shi'ih themes whose heyday is over
There is Ph D on this topic
I shall write to you again [if you give me the honour to do so] with love
for the moment I will leave these precious verses to illuminate my humble
letter dear Gilberto, Mark, and Susan
Kf]

Pickthall
31:27   And if all the trees in the earth were pens, and the sea, with seven
more seas to help it, (were ink), the words of God could not be exhausted.
Lo! God is Mighty, Wise.
Yusuf Ali
And if all the trees on earth were pens and the ocean (were ink), with seven
oceans behind it to add to its (supply), yet would not the words of God be
exhausted (in the writing): for God is Exalted in Power, full of Wisdom.
Shakir
And were every tree that is in the earth (made into) pens and the sea (to
supply it with ink), with seven more seas to increase it, the words of God
would not come to an end; surely God is Mighty, Wise.
Sher Ali
And if all the trees that are in the earth were pens, and the ocean - seven
more oceans to replenish it - were ink, the words of GOD would not be
exhausted. Surely, GOD is Mighty, Wise.
Khalifa
If all the trees on earth were made into pens, and the ocean supplied the
ink, augmented by seven more oceans, the words of GOD would not run out. GOD
is Almighty, Most Wise.
Palmer
¶ And were the trees that are in the earth pens, and the sea (ink) with
seven more seas to swell its tide, the words of God would not be spent;
verily, God is mighty, wise!
Sale
If whatever trees [are] in the earth [were] pens, and he should after that
swell the sea into seven seas [of ink], the words of God would not be
exhausted; for God [is] mighty, [and] wise.
Rodwell
If all the trees that are upon the earth were to become pens, and if God
should after that swell the sea into seven seas of ink, His words would not
be exhausted: for God is Mighty, Wise.
Transliterated Arabic
Walaw annama fee al-ardi min shajaratin aqlamun waalbahru yamudduhu min
baAAdihi sabAAatu abhurin ma nafidat kalimatu Allahi inna Allaha AAazeezun
hakeemun
        Pickthall
18:109  Say: Though the sea became ink for the Words of my Lord, verily the
sea would be used up before the words of my Lord were exhausted, even though
We brought the like thereof to help.
Yusuf Ali
Say: "If the ocean were ink (wherewith to write out) the words of my Lord,
sooner would the ocean be exhausted than would the words of my Lord, even if
we added another ocean like it, for its aid."
Shakir
Say: If the sea were ink for the words of my Lord, the sea would surely be
consumed before the words of my Lord are exhausted, though We were to bring
the like of that (sea) to add
Sher Ali
Say, `If every ocean become ink for the words of my Lord, surely, the ocean
would be exhausted before the words of my Lord were exhausted, even though
WE brought the like thereof as further help.'
Khalifa
Say, "If the ocean were ink for the words of my Lord, the ocean would run
out, before the words of my Lord run out, even if we double the ink supply."

Palmer
¶ Say, 'Were the sea ink for the words of my Lord, the sea would surely fail
before the words of my Lord fail; aye, though we brought as much ink again!'

Sale
Say, if the sea were ink to [write] the words of my Lord, verily the sea
would fail, before the words of my Lord would fail; although we added
[another sea] like unto it as a farther supply.
Rodwell
SAY: Should the sea become ink, to write the words of my Lord, the sea would
surely fail ere the words of my Lord would fail, though we brought its like
in aid.
Transliterated Arabic
Qul law kana albahru midadan likalimati rabbee lanafida albahru qabla an
tanfada kalimatu rabbee walaw ji/na bimithlihi madadan