Mark,

I don't know much about the Unification Church, but al-Qa'ida does not fulfill Abu'l-Fadl's criterion for truth.

I did not get to the section that deals with the response of critics, but will do so very soon.

To get to the point, al-Qa'ida doesn't count because it is still dependent on the Qur'an and therefore is established because its foundation (Prophet Muhammad and the Qur'an) are already established.

Other examples includes the Mormon Church (it is dependent on Jesus as the Christ), Azal and his small band of followers (dependent on the Bab and the Bayan as the Mahdi and the Book of God), Gholam Ahmad (dependent on the Qur'an as the Book of God).

"Mark A. Foster" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>- "Should a person claim to be the founder of a religion, and proceed to establish a religion, and claim a relationship between that religion and God (Blessed and Exalted be He), and that religion gains influence in the world and becomes established, this is sufficient proof regarding its truth." (Abu'l-Fadl)<<

The Unification Church (Rev. Moon) and al-Qa'ida would fulfill Mirza Abu'l-Fadl's criterion for truth.

With regards, Mark A. Foster • http://markfoster.net • [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburger." -- Abbott "Abbie" Hoffman

Subscribe: send subscribe bahai-st in the message body to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
S! ubscribe: http://list.jccc.edu:8080/read/all_forums/subscribe?name=bahai-st