Susan said: "When you raised this issue on TRB you listed among the actions
which you thought acceptable, taking a complaint regarding the exclusion of
women from the Universal House of Justice to the United Nations. Perhaps Brent
or some others might commnent as to whether such action would be contrary to
the Teachings."

They are welcome to do so, but that would have nothing to do with my purpose in
this thread. I'm not looking for writings that limit the *manner* in which we
can promote our ideas. I'm looking for writings that limit the *kinds* of ideas
we can promote.

Then again, maybe you're posing the question of whether it is contrary to the
Covenant to advocate bringing the question of women on the Universal House of
Justice to the United Nations. In that case I need to correct your statement. I
abandoned the idea of bringing the question to the United Nations. What I've
suggested as a possibility, for Baha'is who think it's wrong to exclude women
from the Universal House of Justice, is to bring the question to an
international institution for resolution of religious conflicts, if one is ever
established that the Baha'i Community supports in the same way we support the
UN. As far as I know, such a body has not been established. Possibly there
never will be such a body. I'm saying that *if* that ever happened, it would
not be contrary to the Covenant for a Baha'i to bring the question of women on
the Universal House of Justice to that body, if she first informed the
Universal House of Justice of her intentions, and was not instructed by it not
to do so. I don't think the Universal House of Justice would prevent anyone
from doing that, or take any action against anyone for doing so.

Jim