" That may be true. But I was responding more to how the quote was actually
used. I'm not necessarily claiming that Shoghi Effendi or Abdul-Bahai or any
other official Bahai spokesperson is necessarily guilty of what I'm talking
about. But it is pretty clear that some Bahais do actually have this
attitude"

Dear Gilberto,

Fortunately, no individual Baha'i, whatever their attitude, would be in the
position to make such a decision. Anything concerning governance is in the
hands of our consultative bodies. And they are not going to make decisions
which controvert the Writings themselves which prohibit the burning of books
and the extermination of peoples. Baha'u'llah insures there will not only
not be holocausts committed by Baha'is but even incidents like the massacre
of the Banu Qurayza. In fact, it was in connection with the latter incident
that Baha'u'llah revealed these prohibitions.

warmest, Susan

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments thereto ("e-mail")
is sent by the Johnson County Community College ("JCCC") and is intended to be
confidential and for the use of only the individual or entity named above. The
information may be protected by federal and state privacy and disclosures acts
or other legal rules. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are notified that retention, dissemination, distribution or
copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail
in error please immediately notify JCCC by email reply and immediately and
permanently delete this e-mail message and any attachments thereto. Thank you.