On 10/20/05, Iskandar Hai, M.D. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I certainly wish that Bukhari had not quoted it; but, I think that the
> Prophet Muhammad said it. Again, I'd love to be see some compelling
> evidence that the hadith is a fake and that He never said it. But, the
> fact that I, now in the 21st century, wish that He had not said it is not
> a compelling reason to belive that He actually didn't say it. I'd love to
> be able to say (and prove) that the hadith is a fake. I just don't have
> that proof now.

Thanks for being honest. Do you think it is possible to interpret the
hadith in a way which doesn't have the features you find problematic?
For example, is it possible that the young people talked about have
some other feature or characteristic not mentioned in the hadith which
is the real reason why they would be killed? What I mean is, could it
be that there is a very specific group of people who really are/were
especially dangerous to the faith for reasons which aren't actually
mentioned in the hadith, but this group is only described by the
hadith.

Analagously to how in hadith it says the Dajjal will be one-eyed. That
doesn't mean all one eyed people are the Dajjal.

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments thereto ("e-mail")
is sent by the Johnson County Community College ("JCCC") and is intended to be
confidential and for the use of only the individual or entity named above. The
information may be protected by federal and state privacy and disclosures acts
or other legal rules. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are notified that retention, dissemination, distribution or
copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail
in error please immediately notify JCCC by email reply and immediately and
permanently delete this e-mail message and any attachments thereto. Thank you.