On 10/26/05, Susan Maneck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> "What about the central figures? I understand they predated Israel but
> not necessarily the Zionist movement. And they could have made
> references to prophecy in ways which had implications for Zionism
> and/or Israel."
>
> Dear Gilberto,
>
> If you are asking if They made references to prophecy in ways that could be
> taken as supporting Zionism or a Jewish state, I suppose some of their
> references to biblical prophecy could be interpreted that way.

Ok.

> But Zionism
> is a form of nationalism and Baha'is don't support nationalism. Nor is there
> any reference to a "Jewish state" in the Writings.

Hmm... I guess one can narrowly define Zionism in a rigid way and then
you can say that you are not Zionist. But the stuff I remember reading
from Bahai sources was broader than that. And it seemed "Zionist" in
the sense of clearly favoring one side.

Mark:
> > I think there is evidence that Abdu'l-Baha took this position. He urged
> His
> > fellow Palestinians to accept the immigration of Jews. At the same time He
> > said that if Jews attempted to take it all "there would be trouble."

> Gilberto:
> Do you know where one could read that?"

Susan
> It's a pilgrim's note.  Juan Cole posted it a few years ago on H-Bahai. You
> might ask him.

Oh wait a minute. There is a pilgrim's note I remember posting earlier
the last time I had asked about this question. It has the word
"trouble" in it but it is totally used in a different way. And it was
from a Bahai webpage not from Juan Cole.

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments thereto ("e-mail")
is sent by the Johnson County Community College ("JCCC") and is intended to be
confidential and for the use of only the individual or entity named above. The
information may be protected by federal and state privacy and disclosures acts
or other legal rules. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are notified that retention, dissemination, distribution or
copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail
in error please immediately notify JCCC by email reply and immediately and
permanently delete this e-mail message and any attachments thereto. Thank you.