"How did they change? (I don't mean, "what was the change?", I mean
"What was the process by which they changed?")"

Dear Gilberto,

I consider the Will of God to be the basis of all morality. That Will is
expressed through revelation. And it was revealed through Baha'u'llah that
would be no more genocide, burning of books or shunning of other religious
communities. And He explicitly mentioned the incident involving the Banu
Qurayzah in this context.
" Muhammad marrying
Aishah was a unique event."

I don't think so. I think child marriages weren't all that uncommon then.

> realize that Muslims take the opposite position.

"Where do you get that from? We've already had this discussion before.
Our society is different now. I don't think a Muslim needs to convert
to the Bahai faith to be able to say that today  maybe people should
get married at an older age than they did 1000 years ago."

You may not think so but those calling the shots in Islamic governments take
the opposite position. If they prophet married a girl at a certain age, then
that should be the age of majority for girls. If you imagine ethics and
morality as divorced from time and place, that would certainly be the
logical conclusion.

> If Muhammad treated a
> nine-year old girl as an adult, then this should be the age of
> majority for
> women for all time.

I think you have a really crude idea about Islamic law. Scholars who
arrive at legal rulings ideally take into account many different
considerations before evaluating an action."

It is not my idea about Islamic law. It is the position which has been taken
by the Iranian government. Would you like me to show you the documentation?

warmest, Susan

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments thereto ("e-mail")
is sent by the Johnson County Community College ("JCCC") and is intended to be
confidential and for the use of only the individual or entity named above. The
information may be protected by federal and state privacy and disclosures acts
or other legal rules. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are notified that retention, dissemination, distribution or
copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail
in error please immediately notify JCCC by email reply and immediately and
permanently delete this e-mail message and any attachments thereto. Thank you.