From: "Gilberto Simpson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Baha'i Studies" <bahai-st@list.jccc.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 11:54 PM
Subject: Re: question about Islam

On 5/10/06, Richard H. Gravelly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Dear gilberto,

> I am simply following your arguments and asking questions.  I ask the same
> questions of scientific persons.  I want to know from where or how you
think
> any of what is "instrinsic" originates.  It must have a source.  I want to
> investigate the source of that source.
>
> Richard.

Ok, then I would point to the fact that there is a lot of overlap in
the moral guidelines endorsed by many different religions or
non-religious ethical philosophies. Some people worship on Sunday
morning, or Friday afternoon, or Saturday. They fast on different
days. The believe in different prophets and messengers. Celebrate
different holy days. Pray in different directions. But they agree that
people shouldn't lie cheat and steal. That suggests something is
actually wrong with lying cheating and stealing.

I don't know what is so contraversial.

-Gilberto

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://list.jccc.edu:8080/read/all_forums/subscribe?name=bahai-st