Matt Haase wrote:

>>I had a conversation like this with a friend of mine, who introduced me to his idea that the 'relativity of religious truth' meant more than another word to say 'progressive revelation'. He presented an eloquent, but unconvincing (to my mind) argument that boils down to the concept that since God is the Unknowable, whatever is said about Him in all of the Religious Scriptures is true. If the Hebrew Scriptures and the Qur'an proclain Monotheism, it is true. If the Hindu Scriptures proclaim Polytheism, it is true. If God condemns the belief in the Trinity in one scripture, it is true. But if God affirms the Trinity later on, it is true. I don't accept that kind of logic, personally.>>

I'm with you, Matt. Whatever wacky opinions I may express, if I don't back them up with the Baha'i Writings, my listener should not attribute these statements as having any bearing whatever on what the Baha'i Faith stands for. That's why, I feel, the Guardian wrote through his secretary:

"Divine Truth is relative and that is why we are enjoined to constantly refer the seeker to the Word itself -- and why any explanations we make to ease the journey of the soul of any individual must be based on the Word -- and the Word alone." (From a letter dated 4 June 1957 written on behalf of Shoghi Effendi to the National Spiritual Assembly of Canada; from the Compilation, The Individual and Teaching - Raising the Divine Call, p. 39)

Best regards
Brent

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments thereto ("e-mail") is sent
by the Johnson County Community College ("JCCC") and is intended to be confidential and
for the use of only the individual or entity named above. The information may be protected by
federal and state privacy and disclosures acts or other legal rules. If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient, you are notified that retention, dissemination, distribution or
copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error please
immediately notify JCCC by email reply and immediately and permanently delete this e-mail message
and any attachments thereto. Thank you.