The Baha'i Studies Listserv
Dear Susan:

Shahram misreads and misrepresents the March 5th 2009 Persian message from the
Universal House of Justice addressed to the Baha'is of Iran.
The background is that the Prosecutor General issued a statement a few days ago
addressed to the Ministry of Intelligence to the effect that all Baha'i
organizational/administrative bodies must be disbanded, even though the
"yAArAAn"
and the "khAAdemeen" bodies had been set up a couple of decades ago with express
approval and full knowledge of the Iranian government. So, now, the House is
saying that as a gesture of good will, the Baha'is can disband such bodies of
"khAAdemeen" (the 7-member body of "yAArAAn" is in detention anyhow, effectively
disbanded) and that such disbanding does not adversely affect the Faith,
anyways.
The House also anticipates, in the March 5th message, that some other
arrangement
will be worked out to see to the affairs of Iranian Baha'is. It was very foolish
and irresponsible of the Prosecutor General to call for a total disbanding of
all
administrative/organizational bodies anyhow. How are some half a million Baha'is
supposed to get married, conduct prayer meetings, have children's classes,
Feasts, etc. with absolutely no organization?

Shahram, of course, is on the side of the Iranian government and he wishes that
Professor Nader Saiedi and all Baha'is constantly sing the praises of a
government that has a very poor human rights record when it comes to minorities,
political dissenters, human rights activists, etc. The Speaker of Iranian
Parliament, Ali Larijani, is going to Khartoum now to show support of Omar
Al-Bashir who is now a wanted man, for example. What Shahram says about
Professor
Saiedi's article is incorrect and untrue.

So, just ignore Shahram.

Good wishes,
Iskandar

On Fri 03/06/09  2:10 PM , Susan Maneck sman...@gmail.com sent: