The Baha'i Studies Listserv
Dear Iskandar,

Thanks for the clarification. As you know, if the Iranian government
wanted those bodies to disband all they needed to do was say so in
the first place.

 How are some half a million Baha'is
> supposed to get married, conduct prayer meetings, have children's classes,
> Feasts, etc. with absolutely no organization?

I doubt very seriously if the government cares whether Baha'is can get
married, etc. As you know even the Shah's government refused to
recognize Baha'i marriages which caused no small amount of hardship
for many. Indeed, I think some of the charges of adultery against
Baha'is has been because their marriages weren't considered legal.

> Al-Bashir who is now a wanted man, for example. What Shahram says about
> Professor
> Saiedi's article is incorrect and untrue.

Is that article in Persian or English?

I would rather not ignore Shahram. It is not everyday, after all, that
we get to directly address an IRI agent and answer their accusations.

warmest, Susan