The Baha'i Studies Listserv
Hello friends,
A friend and I were talking about "Baha'i apologetics" on Youtube. He has
made quite a few videos defending the Faith from those who made videos to
assail it and I have only done so once or twice, but intend to do so more
often in the future, especially concerning conspiracy theory and the Faith.
Needless to say, we both lamented over the fact that out of millions of
Baha'is in the world, only two appear to be defending the Faith through the
highly popular medium of Youtube.

He and I both acknowledge that the majority of Baha'i intellectuals on the
Internet settle themselves in the blogosphere, which is certainly admirable.
But we also think that their thoughts and opinions would be better channeled
through the medium of video. What they have to say will undoubtedly receive
more attention. Furthermore, the real interest I have at hand, as I said
earlier, would be to strengthen the bulwark that is the Baha'i Faith through
engaging in a little apologetics - an area of the Faith which is sadly
lacking on Youtube.

What I think we should really do is examine what those who are publicly
opposed to the Faith have to say, analyze their arguments, and create a
video response on Youtube. It will not only attract a lot of attention, but
it will provide a reference for you if someone brings up the same
discrepancy in the future. For example, perhaps an Iranian is under the
impression that we are British or Zionist agents. Maybe his brother got the
idea somewhere along the line that we repudiate the unity of God, or
Tawheed. Or maybe a Christian or a Muslim will assail us with generic
attacks (your religion is false because you reject the deity of Christ/came
after Islam). If we could make that shift from the blogosphere to Youtube,
Baha'i apologetics would become much more noticeable on the Internet and in
general.

I will make videos regarding conspiracy theories on the genesis and mission
of the Faith in the near future. If we can get enough people to join in this
initiative, I can make a Google group to this effect for the Youtubing
Baha'i apologists to come together, discuss, and share opinions and
concerns.

I realize a lot of you may not have time for this, but perhaps you know
other intellectual Baha'is that do. You can see my friend's Youtube channel
here:

http://www.youtube.com/kmehrabi

If we can each help build one wall with our knowledge, we can truly protect
the Faith in an impregnable stronghold.

Regards,
Adib

--
The Bahá'í Faith; uniting the world one heart at a time. To learn more,
visit

"To be a Bahá'í simply means to love all the world; to love humanity and try
to serve it; to work for universal peace and universal brotherhood." --
`Abdu'l-Bahá