From: firestorm <firest...@myway.com>
To: Baha'i Studies <bahai-st@list.jccc.edu>
Sent: Sun, January 24, 2010 6:42:26 PM
Subject: Re: Sects

The Baha'i Studies Listserv
:"Who are you, exactly? Are you an agent provocateur?
Are you in this email group under false pretenses?"
this is how it starts...
there is an enormous wisdom in the Master's comments about avoiding Cb type
stuff on the basis of its "contagion."
  there is virtue in the idea of "vaccination" or some similar metaphor.
i offer the thought that often dialogs like this are a type of vaccination, and
therefore naturally induce some tiny degree of fever.
  as the world moves towards the facebook/twitter model of "the wisdom of the
crowd" it will become increasingly obvious that "the good" is in what is shown,
not what is said, even when said loudly.
i personally see an example of this in the House's doc on remey et al, which,
in my own taxonomy can be placed in the "so how did that work out for you??"
category if testing instruments; especially in that it acknowledges the innate
human desire to want to know.
...and see it higher up the hierarchy tree in noting there is no month named
"answers."