The Baha'i Studies Listserv
Let me elucidate.
Lets say the woman stays home and cares for the children and the man goes
forth and wins bread. All the femininist will say you are being sexist
(unequal).
In fact this is just the distribution of resources into their natural
strengths and roles. If the woman shows superiority to the man she can go
forth and win the bread. But this is never an equal relationship in the pure
sense of the word equality because the roles are not the same. For pure
equality you need the man and woman doing the same thing.
Hence as Bahais we are talking about opportunities of man and women are
equal.