mbak Wiwi, sensasi kayak terbakar yang dirasa di dada dampai ke tenggorokan
bawah, lebih lengkaonya di bawah. temen daku pas hamil pernah ngerasain,
kalo saya kebetulan enggak pernah. sumber www.babycenter.com.

 *Lately I've felt a terrible burning sensation in my chest after eating. Is
it heartburn?*
Most likely. Many women experience
heartburn<http://www.babycenter.com/search/showResultsForContent.htm?queryString=heartburn+Heartburn+Heartburn+digestive+problems+digestion>for
the first time during pregnancy — and though it's common and generally
harmless, it can be quite uncomfortable.

Heartburn<http://www.babycenter.com/search/showResultsForContent.htm?queryString=Heartburn+Heartburn+Heartburn+digestive+problems+digestion>(also
called acid indigestion or acid
reflux<http://www.babycenter.com/search/showResultsForContent.htm?queryString=reflux+Heartburn+Heartburn+digestive+problems+digestion>)
is a burning sensation that often extends from the bottom of the breastbone
to the lower throat. It's caused by some of the hormonal and physical
changes in your body.

During pregnancy, the placenta produces the hormone progesterone, which
relaxes the smooth muscles of the uterus. This hormone also relaxes the
valve that separates the esophagus from the stomach, allowing gastric acids
to seep back up, which causes that unpleasant burning sensation.

Progesterone also slows down the wavelike contractions of your esophagus and
intestines, making digestion sluggish. Later in pregnancy, your growing baby
crowds your abdominal cavity, pushing the stomach acids back up into the
esophagus.

Many women start experiencing heartburn and other gastrointestinal
discomforts<http://www.babycenter.com/0_gastrointestinal-discomforts_247.bc>in
the second half of pregnancy. Unfortunately, it usually comes and goes
until your baby is born.
*What can I do about it?*
Though you may not be able to eliminate
heartburn<http://www.babycenter.com/search/showResultsForContent.htm?queryString=heartburn+Heartburn+Heartburn+digestive+problems+digestion>entirely,
you can take steps to minimize your discomfort:

•  Avoid food and beverages that cause you gastrointestinal distress. The
usual suspects are carbonated drinks;
alcohol<http://www.babycenter.com/0_alcohol_3542.bc>(which you should
avoid anyway during pregnancy);
caffeine <http://www.babycenter.com/0_caffeine_3955.bc>; chocolate; acidic
foods like citrus fruits and juices, tomatoes, mustard, and vinegar;
processed meats; mint products; and spicy, highly seasoned, fried, or fatty
foods.

•  Don't eat big meals. Instead, eat several small meals throughout the day.
Take your time eating and chew thoroughly.

•  Avoid drinking large quantities of fluids during meals — you don't want
to distend your stomach. (It's important to drink eight to ten glasses of
water daily during pregnancy, but sip it between meals.)

•  Try chewing gum after eating. Chewing gum stimulates your salivary
glands, and saliva can help neutralize acid.

•  Don't eat close to bedtime. Give yourself two to three hours to digest
before you lie down.

•  Sleep propped up with several pillows or a wedge. Elevating your upper
body will help keep your stomach acids where they belong and will aid your
digestion.

•  Gain a sensible amount of
weight<http://www.babycenter.com/0_sensible-amount-of-weight_1466.bc>,
and stay within the guidelines your healthcare provider suggests.

•  Wear loose, comfortable clothing. Avoid any tightness around your waist
and tummy.

•  Bend at the knees instead of at the waist.

•  Don't smoke — in addition to contributing to a host of serious health
problems, smoking boosts stomach acidity. (Ideally, smoking is a habit you
should break before getting pregnant. If you're still smoking and are having
trouble quitting <http://www.babycenter.com/0_trouble-quitting_1405724.bc>,
ask your caregiver for a referral to a smoking-cessation
program<http://www.babycenter.com/0_smoking-cessation-program_1406034.bc>.)

•  An over-the-counter
antacid<http://www.babycenter.com/400_over-the-counter-antacid_506694_1000.bc>that
contains magnesium or calcium may ease discomfort, but check with your
prenatal caregiver before taking one, because some brands contain aluminum
or aspirin <http://www.babycenter.com/400_aspirin_506594_1001.bc> or are
high in sodium. You should also check in with your healthcare provider if
none of these suggestions

On 8/27/07, Wiwi Williyanti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Heart Burn apa tuh Lif??
>
> sharing donk

Kirim email ke