kan kalo adat kita, anak laki kalo disunat jadi penganten sunat, ada
selamatennya segala kan.. Kalo di negara maju sono, anak laki2 ya disunatnya
pas dari lahir deh, pernah nonton episode Friends kalo gak salah, siapa gitu
pengen lihat orang dewasa yg gak disunat, hehehehehe.....:).

Di Amerika, 60% dari anak laki2 disunat pada hari2 pertama atau minggu2 awal
setelah kelahirannya.

Nih artikelnya.....

 Highlights What is
circumcision?<http://www.babycenter.com/0_circumcision-what-you-need-to-know_55.bc?print=true#section0>
Should we circumcise our
son?<http://www.babycenter.com/0_circumcision-what-you-need-to-know_55.bc?print=true#section1>
What are the pros and
cons?<http://www.babycenter.com/0_circumcision-what-you-need-to-know_55.bc?print=true#section2>
If we do decide to do it, what else should we
know?<http://www.babycenter.com/0_circumcision-what-you-need-to-know_55.bc?print=true#section3>
When should a circumcision be
done?<http://www.babycenter.com/0_circumcision-what-you-need-to-know_55.bc?print=true#section4>
When should we talk to our pediatrician about
circumcision?<http://www.babycenter.com/0_circumcision-what-you-need-to-know_55.bc?print=true#section5>

Find out what circumcision involves, what the health benefits are, and other
things to consider when you're deciding whether to have it done.
*What is circumcision?*
Circumcision involves removing the foreskin, which shields the head of the
penis. In the United States, 60 percent of baby boys are circumcised,
usually in the first few days or weeks after birth. Some parents choose
circumcision because it's an important and ancient ritual, while others
choose it because they believe it has health advantages.
*Should we circumcise our son?*
Circumcision is a personal decision that you should make based on your own
beliefs and after talking with your doctor. Some medical evidence suggests
that circumcision leads to improved health; in the short- or long-term,
though, the issue is by no means clear-cut. Talk to your spouse, your
pediatrician, your family and friends, and, if you're religious, the leader
of your congregation to discuss whether circumcision is the right choice for
you.

Between 1989 and February 1999, the American Academy of
Pediatrics'<http://www.babycenter.com/0_content_3954.bc>policy had
been that the potential medical benefits of circumcision
outweighed most of the risks. But new research — and never-ending debate —
prompted the academy to update its circumcision recommendation in March
1999. The AAP now says that the choice is best left up to parents, who
should make an informed decision based on possible health benefits and
risks, as well as cultural, religious, and ethnic traditions. And, for the
first time, the organization says that if you do decide to circumcise, your
son should be given pain relief.
*What are the pros and cons?*
Circumcision does make it easier to keep the penis clean, though washing the
area under the foreskin thoroughly achieves the same result. In a 1989 study
by the AAP, uncircumcised boys were found to be more likely to develop
urinary tract infections, sometimes serious ones (although the risk of a UTI
for any male, circumcised or no, is at most 1 percent). Other arguments in
favor of circumcision include concerns that an uncircumcised child will be
seen as different from his friends or will feel different from his father
who may be circumcised. Arguments against circumcision include the fact that
the procedure is not medically necessary. Some parents believe circumcision
is a form of mutilation that's painful and emotionally harmful to a child.
*If we do decide to do it, what else should we know?*
If you decide to have your son circumcised, know that complications are
possible — yet rare — whether performed by a mohel or a doctor (be sure to
get references). Don't subject preemies,
jaundiced<http://www.babycenter.com/0_content_89.bc>babies, or other
at-risk newborns to the procedure. It takes only a few
minutes, so the pain is brief — but real, which is why the AAP recommends
giving babies something to relieve it. The penis should be gauzed. After the
procedure, expect some
bleeding<http://www.babycenter.com/search/showResultsForContent.htm?queryString=bleeding>.
When diapering <http://www.babycenter.com/0_content_3838.bc>, use extra
folds to cushion the penis, and apply a fresh gauze pad and petroleum jelly
or Neosporin.

Expect the penis tip to be reddish or to secrete a yellowy liquid for a few
days if you have your baby circumcised. Indications of infection: swelling
or crusty, yellow sores containing cloudy liquid. If you suspect infection
or if your baby has problems urinating — a trickling stream or expressions
of discomfort — talk to your doctor.
*When should a circumcision be done?*
Make it early, if at all. And talk the issue through with your doctor and
spouse before the baby arrives — it's an emotionally charged issue and not
to be confronted when you're fatigued from giving birth. Rather than having
it done in the delivery room, wait 24 hours or a few days. But delaying a
circumcision until your baby is older than a few months can be traumatizing.

*When should we talk to our pediatrician about circumcision?*
Because of the myriad issues — religious, social, medical — it's wise to
talk this one through with your physician early. You might want to bring it
up when you first choose your pediatrician during your seventh or eighth
month of pregnancy. If you elect to circumcise, ask your doctor about the
use of anesthetic and the timing.
All contents copyright (c) BabyCenter LLC. 1997-2008 All rights reserved.

On 1/23/08, Icho Ahmad <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Jangankan baru lahir Mbak..
> aku lihat Seno 6 tahun di sunat aja bercucuran air mata
> gak tega liat dia kesakitan after that
>

> On 1/23/08, tprahayu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Kasian lagi mbak..kalo dari lahir disunat. Ngebayangin aja kalau obat
> > penghilang sakitnya hilang..sedang si bayi belum bisa berbuat apa-apa.
> > Temen gw yang kemarin disunat aja sampe nangis ibunya ngeliat anaknya
> > kesakitan abis disunat.
> > Aku malah belum pernah denger ada bayi cowok baru lahir disunat. Boleh
> tuh
> > mbak dikirimin. Kalo bayi cewek banyak....

Kirim email ke