For Your Info

> > I feel that the following is information that any one who uses a
> microwave
> > oven to heat water should be made aware of.  About five days ago my
> > 26-year old son decided to have a cup of instant coffee.  He took a
cup
> of
> > water and put it in the microwave to heat it up (something that he
had
> > done numerous times before).  I am not sure how long he set the
timer
> for
> > but he told me he wanted to bring the water to a boil.  When the
timer
> > shut the oven off, he removed the cup from the oven.  As he looked
into
> > the cup he noted that the water was not boiling but instantly the
water
> in
> > the cup "blew up" into his face. The cup remained intact until he
threw
> it
> > out of his hand but all the water had flew out into his face due to
the
> > build up of energy.  His whole face is blistered and he has 1st and
2nd
> > degree burns to his face which may leave scarring.  He also may have
> lost
> > partial sight in his left eye.
> > While at the hospital, the doctor who was attending to him stated
that
> > this a fairly common occurrence and water (alone) should never be
heated
> > in a microwave oven.  If water is heated in this manner, something
> should
> > be placed in the cup to diffuse the energy such as a wooden stir
stick,
> > tea bag, etc. It is however a much safer choice to boil the water in
> tea
> > kettle.  Please pass this information on to friends and family.
> >
> > Regards
> > Mike J Tucker
> > Safety/Security Officer
> > Ext 2599
> > Room OPC 21

Kunjungi: http://www.balita-anda.indoglobal.com
"Untuk mereka yang mendambakan anak balitanya tumbuh sehat & cerdas"

-===  FREE Handphone @ http://www.indoglobal.com/dedicated.php3  ===-
Etika berinternet, kirim email ke: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Berhenti berlangganan, e-mail ke:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
EMERGENCY ONLY! Jika kesulitan unsubscribe, email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Kirim email ke