SERBIA AND MONTENEGRO: US Tells Tadic and Kostunica to Repent

 2005-06-27 14:53:26

Boris Tadic and Vojislav Kostunica should repent, US Undersecretary for
State Nicholas Burns said today.

Burns told media that he suggested to the president and prime minister of
Serbia that they need to condemn the Srebrenica massacre on its tenth
anniversary on July 11 and that it would be desirable for them to arrest
former Bosnian Serb military leader Ratko Mladic by that date.

"I shall remind Tadic and Kostunica in the coming days of their obligations.
I've told them 'You have to arrest Mladic. Until you do that, we are your
biggest problem: you'll never join NATO'," said Burns, as quoted by daily
Blic.

Burns said in Belgrade earlier this month that the US Administration wants
Mladic in The Hague by July 11 and that there was strong pressure on
Belgrade for the arrest or negotiation for the Hague fugitive's surrender.
At that time he said that Washington was encouraged by reports from Belgrade
that the Serbian authorities wanted Mladic to answer the Hague charges.

Source: Radio B92

www.seeurope.net

Yahoo! Groups Links