Zafar,

I would love to have a discussion about the food though.  I cannot eat 
as many carbohydrates as most people, but I don't eat an awfully lot of 
meat.  I'm not a fan of meat.  In fact, today I was planning my part of 
my daughter's going away potluck.  I want to make kebobs and a rice 
dish, maybe some nan.  Well... the recipes I find that are 
authentic/halal or both are lamb.  I cannot bring myself to buy it much 
less well... I can't bring myself to do it.  Why do we kill baby 
animals?  I cannot understand that.  I think I'll make beef.  It'll just 
have to be fine.  I can make it very very tender.

Do you eat lamb or veal?  I mean it isn't like we don't have teeth for 
chewing.  We don't NEED the super tender stuff........

I am also interested in animal rights, and years ago - over 15 - was 
part of a group.  I was vegan, it took a lot to get me to eat meat 
again.. well, it took diabetes to get me to eat meat again actually. 

Linda...

btw the person I have been waiting for is back.. info coming soon, 
insha'alah!

Z T Minhas wrote:
> Salaam alaikum,
>
> Following up on the question of both the recipes for Ramadan, the 
> dangers of Aspartame, and the question of Al-Safa (all on various 
> different yahoogroups that I am a member of) I have become more strong 
> in my opinion that we as Muslims should not be eating non-Halal, that 
> is non-Zabiha food. I am going to spare everyone the details, but I 
> would request all of you to read up on these sites:
>
> http://www.purefood.org/irrad/insensibility.cfm
> http://www.slaughterhousecam.com/
> http://www.hfa.org/about/index.html
>
> Basically I have come to the conclusion is that when it comes to 
> kafirs, sorry folks people of the book fall into that category( I 
> don't want to have a discussion on that). There is pretty much no 
> limit to what they can do. If you dig deeper into some of the sites 
> you will see how ground beef is made. Don't ask me to provide the link 
> because it is just to gross and heart wrenching. Let us all remember 
> that Allah made Halal animals for us to eat, but in small amounts, and 
> very rarely. That is the sunnat. The sunnat is not to go overboard 
> with the meat. If you want protein on a regular basis, there is always 
> beans, and lentils.
>
> Z T
>


--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"bangla-vision" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/bangla-vision?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to