On 02/04/2010 05:43 AM, Senthil Kumaran wrote:
Using IPython from pdb, what use is it?
I read Jeff's excellent mail on debugging and tracing and he insisted on
using IPython from pdb. I have used pdb extensively and never used IPython,
(it never caught me, given that odd interface of number[:]) etc.

I don't know anything about the problem you mention (or the mail you refer to) but I agree with the comment about the odd interface of ipython. In case you are on linux and are looking for a more powerful CLI than the standard python interface, I would recommend trying out bpython:

http://bpython-interpreter.org/
http://bpython-interpreter.org/screenshots/

cheers,
- steve