>>> Bad karma. I should set the return address for the group to the sender
>>> perhaps :)
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> Please don't.
>>
>> A mail client should have some way of specifying "reply to sender" or
>> "reply to reply-to address".
>
> Its not just the mail client's fault. If header munging in Mailman is
> set it wont help what the client settings are. So for your suggestion
> to work, this ML settings in Mailman for "Edit anonymous_list" and
> header munging "Edit first_strip_reply_to" settings should be set to
> NO and "reply_goes_to_list" must be set to go to the poster -- gmail's
> web interface now automatically recognizes this feature. Earlier it
> was not the case.

People wanting to reply to the OP (or anyone else) in private is < 10%
of the use-case.

Such emails should either be composed separately or at least the
person sending the email
should verify that the mail is indeed going to the intended recipient.

Let's not change the default setting to address a corner case.

Regards,
BG

--
Baishampayan Ghose