I've used wildcards and regex for years and thought I understood them until I
encountered Bareos version of wildcards/regex!! Any help is appreciated since
I've been banging my head on this wall for some time.

I want to match a directory named cache2 under C:/users/ for all users and
exclude it no matter how deep in the hierarchy it is.  This is on a Windows
system so I tried these expressions for WildDir

*/cache2
[A-Z]:/*/cache2

Both work fine in bwild if given a file like this.

c:/tmp/
c:/xyz/tmp
d:/tmp
d:/x/y/z/tmp
c:/users/brett/appdata
/home
/home/lost+found
/home/brett
C:/cache2
D:/somedir/cache2
E:/somedir/anotherdir/cache2

However, when I put this into a WildDir in a fileset and run "estimate
job=jobname listing the directory is not excluded unless it is in the top
level, that is c:/Users/username/cache2.

I also tried RegExDir which as I understand it is supposed to match the regex
in a filename which may contain the full path.  If I use this regex in bregex
it works and finds the directories with cache2 in the name.

[A-Z]:/.*/cache2

However, when added to a fileset it does not work.  I'm including the fileset
conf file so what is wrong.  Given that bwild and bregex both say the
expression should work it must be something in the file set.  As shown in the
fileset I have this same thing working for other directories but I had to
create expressions which first define the directory path and then one to not
backup the files.  There has to be a better way to do it and hopefully with
wildcards/regex I can simply say if this match is found exclude it.

Which is better to use - RegEx or wildcards.  I read somewhere in the docs that
RegEx can get expensive to what are the guidelines for using it.

Here is the fileset.

BOF bareos-dir.d/fileset/WinWS.conf

FileSet {
        # File set for Windows Workstations.  Excludes all directories and
        # then backups up only the desired ones.

  Name = "WinWS"

  Enable VSS = yes

        # Included options
  Include {
        # Backup all users
        File = "C:/Users"

        # Other files.
                File = "S:/Programs/Steam/userdata"
                File = "S:/bin"
                File = "S:/Games/XPlane-11"
                File = "C:/ProgramData"
                File = "S:/Projects"

    Options {
      Signature = MD5
      AutoExclude = yes
      Drive Type = fixed
      IgnoreCase = yes
      Compression = GZIP

      # Do selected folders and files for users.
      # Documents folder.

      RegExDir = "[A-Z]:/Users/"
      Wild = "[A-Z]:/Users/*"

                        # Steam files
                        RegExDir = "[A-Z]:/Programs/Steam/userdata"
                        Wild = "[A-Z]:/Programs/Steam/userdata/*"

                        # Other files
                        RegExDir = "[A-Z]:/bin"
                        Wild = "[A-Z]:/bin/*"

                        # X-Plane
                        WildDir = "[A-Z]:/Games/XPlane-11/Aircraft"
                        Wild = "[A-Z]:/Games/XPlane-11/Aircraft/*"
                        WildDir = "[A-Z]:/Games/XPlane-11/Custom*"
                        Wild = "[A-Z]:/Games/XPlane-11/Custom*/*"
                        WildDir = "[A-Z]:/Games/XPlane-11/Output"
                        WildDir = "[A-Z]:/Games/XPlane-11/Output/preferences"
                        Wild = "[A-Z]:/Games/XPlane-11/Output/preferences/*"
                        WildDir = "[A-Z]:/Games/XPlane-11/Resources"
                        WildDir = "[A-Z]:/Games/XPlane-11/Resources/plugins"
                        Wild = "[A-Z]:/Games/XPlane-11/Resources/plugins/*"

                        # ProgramData Folder
                        WildDir = "[A-Z]:/ProgramData/Bareos"
                        Wild = "[A-Z]:/ProgramData/Bareos/*"

                        # Projects Directory
                        WildDir = "[A-Z]:/Projects"
                        Wild = "[A-Z]:/Projects/*"
    }

    # Excluded
    Options {
        Exclude = yes
                        # Exclude system files.
      WildFile = "[A-Z]:/pagefile.sys"
      WildDir = "[A-Z]:/RECYCLER"
      WildDir = "[A-Z]:/$RECYCLE.BIN"
      WildDir = "[A-Z]:/System Volume Information"

                        # Exclude other items
                        RegExDir = "[A-Z]:/Games/XPlane-11"
                        Wild = "[A-Z]:/Games/XPlane-11/*"
                        RegExDir = "[A-Z]:/ProgramData"