Hi all,

We are running a bareos environment with over 300 clients that are backed up
daily.

After a config change, I reloaded the bareos director and it crashed with a
segfault.

After I restart the Bareos director, it seems to run for about a minute but
after then it crashes again. Sometimes almost directly, sometimes after a
couple of minutes.

At startup, Bareos doesn't complain about a config error. After a while it just
stops.

I already had the same issue in the past, but then managed to get the system up
and running after waiting a considerable amount of time (> 1 hour) and then
restarting the director. It had then been running and backing up for over two
weeks.

The director and storage daemon are running 18.2 rc, all clients run 17.2.4,
all runnining on Centos 7. The director and storage (both on the same machine)
run on a fully patched Centos 7 machine.

I suspect that it has to do with the fact that all clients use the 'client
initiated connection' and something goes wrong as soon as clients reconnect
after restart of the director. A race condition, lack of resources..?

I have installed bareos-debuginfo and have captured a core dump, but this is
2.2GB and I don't know what to do with it so that I can get a clue of what goes
wrong.

Anyone got a hint how to get Bareos up and running again?

Thanks,
/Jurgen.