Additional information on my issue of not restoring the file.

Looked at apache2 error.log file and found

[Mon Feb 10 16:11:38.842648 2020] [php7:notice] [pid 16230] [client 192.168.1.174:44696] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: type in /usr/share/bareos-webui/module/Restore/src/Restore/Form/RestoreForm.php on line 91, referer: https://linux-server/bareos-webui/restore/?jobid=7232&client=BEE-XPS15-fd&restoreclient=&restorejob=&where=&fileset=&mergefilesets=0&mergejobs=0&limit=2000

Line 91 has

89     // Client
90      if(isset($restore_params['client'])) {
91         if($restore_params['type'] == "client") {

also 192.168.1.174 is the ip of my windows client when my computer is booted to windows. the windows client has no bareos client definiton and my laptop is booted to Ubuntu which is BEE-XPS15-fd at 192.168.1.151. So I have no idea why apache is showing the 192.168.1.174 in the apache2 error log when doing something with bareos.

looks like the client is having some sort of problem.