Additonal information that probably is a different issue.

I reran the dbcheck after all of the below and found that 14 new orphaned Path records were identified.

after fixing these 14 I reran bconsole restore with the one file (which succeeded) and then dbcheck and no new path orphans were created.

also reran webui attempt to restore file (which did not succeed) and then dbcheck and no new path orphans were created.

all of this is just info hoping it may be helpful but above is probably a red herring.