Hello,

my goal is to update the Bareos Server from 17.2 --> 19.2 (at least,
perhaps 20.X) in some steps.

I just want to make sure that i read the document correctly:

https://docs.bareos.org/Appendix/BackwardCompatibility.html

We have some old bacula clients (2.0 <= Bacula < 6.0) and bareos
clients (17.X). It isn't possible to update the bacula clients.  Is it
possible to connect from these clients to a Bareos Server with version
18 and higher (TLS....)?

We'll install some Centos 8 Server and Fedora 33 Workstations. Packages
for this Distributions are only available for Bareos Version 19 and 20.
Can i connect from a client with a higher Version to a Server with a
lower Version?

Thanks and greets

Steffen