I have a new bareos setup that uses Amazon VTL (configured with one
drive and 10 slots to mimic a loader) that worked fine for the past 2
months. It looks like the tape gateway got a software update recently and
backups have started failing today. I sent the existing virtual tapes to
archive and started with fresh ones. Labeling gives the following error -

3307 Issuing autochanger "unload slot 2, drive 0" command.
3304 Issuing autochanger "load slot 1, drive 0" command.
3305 Autochanger "load slot 1, drive 0", status is OK.
stored/block.cc:750 Write error at 0:0 on device "tapedrive-0" (/dev/nst0).
ERR=Invalid argument.
stored/block.cc:768 Write error on fd=5 at file:blk 0:0 on device
"tapedrive-0" (/dev/nst0). ERR=Invalid argument.
Backspace record at EOT failed. ERR=Input/output error
3912 Failed to label Volume: ERR=backends/generic_tape_device.cc:686 ioctl
MTBSR error on "tapedrive-0" (/dev/nst0). ERR=Input/output error.

When this happens, there is the following error in the log -

[st0] Write not multiple of tape block size

        Here is the output of tapeinfo -

        Product Type: Tape Drive
Vendor ID: 'IBM     '
Product ID: 'ULT3580-TD5     '
Revision: '0103'
Attached Changer API: No
SerialNumber: 'CDDF10A401'
MinBlock: 0
MaxBlock: 1048576
SCSI ID: 0
SCSI LUN: 0
Ready: yes
BufferedMode: yes
Medium Type: 0x48
Density Code: 0x0
BlockSize: 65536
DataCompEnabled: yes
DataCompCapable: yes
DataDeCompEnabled: yes
CompType: 0xffffffff
DeCompType: 0xffffffff
BOP: yes
Block Position: 0
Partition 0 Remaining Kbytes: 1042431
Partition 0 Size in Kbytes: 1048576
ActivePartition: 0
EarlyWarningSize: 0

         I tried the following from bareos-sd device config and the issue
persists -

    Minimum Block Size = 1048576
    Maximum Block Size = 1048576

        Tar works fine with block size of 65536 or 1048576. I was wondering
if there is anything else I can try to fix this. Would bareos-sd have a
debug option to print out the block size being attempted? Thanks a lot.