Thanks Andreas. Since I set the block sizes, backups are working with no
issues so far. I think Amazon VTL has started to behave like a typical LTO
5 drive with fixed block sizes. So far, it might have been very lenient
with block sizes it seems. I checked through the release notes for the tape
gateway software and it has no mention of this change. I guess that is part
and parcel of living with a cloud VTL service.. :-)