> good
> for us continuo pluckers to find practical answers, perhaps the question
> is
> a moot one. Bach did not write his continuo basses for a member of the
> lute
> family. <<<

Yes, of course, David. That is understood. I was just speculating what one
could contribute to a reading of the Art of Music and A Musical Offering,
neither of which require continuo support. I would like to play a single
line in an ensemble performance, but found it hard to imagine what one would
do in such a scenario on a theorbo.

Rob