From: Nicolás Valencia <niva...@gmail.com>
To: baroque-lute@cs.dartmouth.edu
Sent: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 7:30 pm
Subject: [BAROQUE-LUTE] Is peg-box decoration safe?

   Dear All,

   I've recently ordered a 13-course baroque lute beautifully decorated
   with a fretwork at the back of the peg-box. However, I'm still
   hesitating if this is the right choice. My question is: does it affect
   the peg-box strength and therefore could it be risky because of the
   string tension? I've read a thread about somebody who had his
   decoration unglued when trying to tune his instrument...

   Regards,

   Nicolas