Yes, I have been using a metronome, and intuitively thinking of the
   ornaments as divisions, but I did not think of playing the ornaments by
   themselves. I will definitely give that a go.
   Yes, it is often quite difficult to play at half measure, a little like
   slow motion walking, but it does facilitate more detailed analysis.
   Listening to Satoh's playing at about half speed also allowed me to tr=
   y to capture the idea of "in=C3=A9gal" rhtyhm with a sort of "scat"
   singing= syllable system. I found that incredibly helpful, but of
   course it is not = a universal-type system, probably only works for me,
   and may be different o= n every piece.
   Thanks for the advice
   Anthony