I will send that again, via my Yahoo mail. I don't understand why the
   messages from one of my mail addresses gets garbled  on the LSA list
   with added signs, corresponding to the line spaces (and also has a sort
   of ginger-bread man emblem appears); while the other has all its
   paragragh spaces removed. I wonder what setting one should use to avoid
   this happening?
   Dear David
           Yes, I have been using a metronome, and intuitively thinking of
   the
     ornaments as divisions, but I did not think of playing the ornaments
   by
     themselves. I will definitely give that a go.
     Yes, it is often quite difficult to play at half measure, a little
   like
     slow motion walking, but it does facilitate more detailed analysis.
     Listening to Satoh's playing at about half speed also allowed me to
   tr=
     y to capture the idea of "inegal" rhtyhm with a sort of "scat"
     singing= syllable system. I found that incredibly helpful, but of
     course it is not a universal-type system, probably only works for me,
     and may be different on every piece.
     Thanks for the advice
     Anthony