Are you speaking of Affekt?  Mattheson goes into great detail about the moods
associated with each key, but I don't believe that this is really more a part
of the baroque aesthetic and not typical of the gallant style.
There is the famous story about how Baron was made to look foolish for
believing in the then somewhat unfashionable (and un-gallant) idea of music's
power to excite the passions directly.

Chris

Christopher Wilke
Lutenist, Guitarist and Composer