Froberger? Downstairs then left.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Roman Turovsky" <r.turov...@verizon.net> To: <baroque-lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>; "G. Crona" <kalei...@gmail.com>; "Christopher Wilke" <chriswi...@yahoo.com>; "Dale Young" <dyoung5...@wowway.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 23, 2010 10:03 PM
Subject: Re: [BAROQUE-LUTE] Re: Galant definition

All self-expression pretty much starts with Froberger.
RT

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dale Young" <dyoung5...@wowway.com>
Empfindsamkeit is one of the first and boldest expressions of self, to the
point of narcissism, in artistic expression, especially Muthel, one of my
favorites of the era. All of J.S. Bach's students were emboldened by their
skill and knowledge,and allowed the freedom by the circumstances of the
time, to do things unimaginable before. The only thing close that I can
think of was the monodists in late 16c Italy, where all musical advances
seem to get their root.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Christopher Wilke" <chriswi...@yahoo.com>