>From the booklet of Lislevand's CD "La belle homicide":

The homicide in question is indeed a very sweet one. We recall the
words from a Dowland song: to see/to touch/to kiss/to die.
This Grace procures the metaphorical death of the late Renaissance:
the sublime ecstasy of physical love. In Gaultier's Rhetorique des
Dieux, he adds the following text under the tablature of the
L'homicide:

(just english translation)
This Fair Lady, by her charms, brings death to all that see or hear
her. But that Death is unlike ordinary deaths in that it is the
beginning of life, instead of marking its end.

Edgar