Hi folks,

I encourage anyone who uses or wants to use their Blackberry as a tethered
USB modem to give the latest CVS a try.  I really want feedback from
people with various providers, so that I can have multiple, working,
sample configurations for pppd.

To do that, I need everyone interested to compile the latest CVS, and
try one of the exact pppd configuration samples under the ppp directory.

For example, if you have a Rogers Blackberry, do:

        cd barry
        cvs update -PdA
        ./buildgen.sh
        ./configure --prefix=/where/you/want/barry
        make && make install

        cp ppp/barry-rogers /etc/ppp/peers
        cp ppp/barry-rogers.chat /etc/chatscripts

At this point, edit /etc/ppp/peers/barry-rogers, and *only* change the
pty command so that it points to where your pppob is installed.

Then call:

        pppd call barry-rogers

If you need to make any changes to barry-rogers or barry-rogers.chat,
I want to know!  Please email your working copies to the list or directly
to me, and let me know your provider.

My hope is that I can create binary packages for the next release, so that
all this is taken care of automatically, and users can just run
"pppd call barry-<provider>" and it Just Works <TM>.  :-)

If you have any trouble making this work, please email the list or me.
Your input is important.

Thanks!
- Chris