Andreas Borutta wrote:
> Chris Frey wrote:
>
>>> OK. First, I think, the problem, that the device is not found, has to
>>> be solved.
>>
>> Very true.
>
> Tonight I will check at the computer of a friend, if the device is
> found there.
> If not, I will ask for help in the ubuntu forums.
>
> As soon as I could solve the connecting problem, I will post the
> result in this thread.

Last night an experienced admin tried to connect my BB with Ubuntu
Hardy.
No way. :(
(It was a freshly installed Ubuntu Hardy)

It seems that is a bug of Ubuntu, because connecting it to Debian Etch
works immediately.

The admin told me, that Ubuntu tries to "grab" automatically for that
USB device, which produces failures.
He said, that, may be, writing an "udev rule" could solve the problem,
but that will be complicated to do. He was not able to do it.

Further, the admin find the following reported bug, which might
correspond with the phenomenon:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/152742/+viewstatus

If there's anybody out there, who get's a BB connected with Ubuntu,
please send me a hint.
I really like to sync my device.

Suggestion:
May be a hint for Ubuntu users on the download page of Barry is
helpful, that they could not connect their devices at the moment.

Andreas
--
http://borumat.de