On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 10:51:18PM -0400, Martin Owens wrote:
> Running hal-blackberry alone could come out with errors.
>
> What you need to do is take the UDI string from HAL (run hal-device for
> a list of them) and post that into the enviroment variable UDI
>
> $UDI='something' /usr/bin/hal-blackberry
>
> That should then look at a real device.
>
> If it still errors then we might have a problem with newer version of
> hal. I made that for fiesty fawn (ubuntu) and what ever hal/dbus combo
> that was using.

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the tips.  This helped me test it on my system.

The only thing that didn't work on Debian Etch was that the FDI file
did a match on info.subsystem and Etch doesn't have that property... it
still uses the now-deprecated info.bus.

Considering that the FDI file also filters on usb.* properties, I believe
it is safe to just skip the info.subsystem match for now.

I've updated CVS/git with this change... let me know if this breaks anything
for you.

> Oh and had any thoughts about making a fuze-fs python based (or c based)
> plugin for the folder access and have it mount like the mass storage?

I haven't gotten that far, but since fuse is userspace, I like the idea. :-)

- Chris