-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Pablo Lemos
Ochandio
Sent: 20 March 2006 10:57
To: basedb-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [base] A problem with intidb in BASE2.0RC1

Hi!!

Im not sure if this is the right way to communicate a problem with the
installation of BASE2.0RC1 but im desesperate.
Im the Sysadmin of Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Agrarias
(IVIA) at Spain. The Genomic Departament request to me if i can to
install the BASE2 package at the Web server. Im trying to install it but
when i launch the initdb script it crash at give the next message error:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] bin]# ./initdb.sh netsensor
[0%]    Building
database....................................................................
.11:30:35,173
WARN BasicResourcePool:1222 -
[EMAIL PROTECTED] --
Acquisition Attempt Failed!!! Clearing pending acquires. While trying to
acquire a needed new resource, we failed to succeed more than the
maximum number of allowed acquisition attempts (30).
.11:30:36,147  WARN BasicResourcePool:1222 -
[EMAIL PROTECTED] --
Acquisition Attempt Failed!!! Clearing pending acquires. While trying to
acquire a needed new resource, we failed to succeed more than the
maximum number of allowed acquisition attempts (30).
........................................................11:31:33,739
WARN BasicResourcePool:1222 -
[EMAIL PROTECTED] --
Acquisition Attempt Failed!!! Clearing pending acquires. While trying to
acquire a needed new resource, we failed to succeed more than the
maximum number of allowed acquisition attempts (30).

[30%]   Building database failed: Cannot open connection

net.sf.basedb.core.BaseException: Cannot open connection
       at
net.sf.basedb.core.HibernateUtil.newSession(HibernateUtil.java:760)
       at
net.sf.basedb.core.HibernateUtil.isEmptyDatabase(HibernateUtil.java:439)
       at
net.sf.basedb.core.HibernateUtil.createStaticTables(HibernateUtil.java:403)
       at net.sf.basedb.core.Install.createTables(Install.java:108)
       at net.sf.basedb.install.InitDB.main(InitDB.java:57)
Caused by: org.hibernate.exception.GenericJDBCException: Cannot open
connection
       at
org.hibernate.exception.SQLStateConverter.handledNonSpecificException(SQLSta
teConverter.java:91)

       at
org.hibernate.exception.SQLStateConverter.convert(SQLStateConverter.java:79)

       at
org.hibernate.exception.JDBCExceptionHelper.convert(JDBCExceptionHelper.java
:43)

       at
org.hibernate.exception.JDBCExceptionHelper.convert(JDBCExceptionHelper.java
:29)

       at
org.hibernate.jdbc.ConnectionManager.openConnection(ConnectionManager.java:3
63)

       at
org.hibernate.jdbc.ConnectionManager.getConnection(ConnectionManager.java:12
2)

       at
org.hibernate.jdbc.BorrowedConnectionProxy.invoke(BorrowedConnectionProxy.ja
va:40)

       at $Proxy0.setTransactionIsolation(Unknown Source)
       at
net.sf.basedb.core.HibernateUtil.newSession(HibernateUtil.java:755)
       ... 4 more
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Connections could not be acquired from
the underlying database!
       at com.mchange.v2.sql.SqlUtils.toSQLException(SqlUtils.java:104)
       at
com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.C3P0PooledConnectionPool.checkoutPooledConnection(C
3P0PooledConnectionPool.java:236)

       at
com.mchange.v2.c3p0.PoolBackedDataSource.getConnection(PoolBackedDataSource.
java:94)

       at
org.hibernate.connection.C3P0ConnectionProvider.getConnection(C3P0Connection
Provider.java:35)

       at
org.hibernate.jdbc.ConnectionManager.openConnection(ConnectionManager.java:3
60)

       ... 8 more
Caused by: com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.CannotAcquireResourceException: A
ResourcePool could not acquire a resource from its primary factory or
source.
       at
com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.awaitAcquire(BasicResourcePool
.java:970)

       at
com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.checkoutResource(BasicResource
Pool.java:208)

       at
com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.C3P0PooledConnectionPool.checkoutPooledConnection(C
3P0PooledConnectionPool.java:232)

       ... 11 more

I have tested all the steps in the documentation since the initdb
script. (I test MySQL database (ok), apache installation (ok), java
installation and home variable (ok), ant installation (ok) and BASE
configuration (ok)).

Please, Can you help me?

PS: I create a user base2user by the following way:

 GRANT ALL ON base2.* TO 'base2user'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'password';
 GRANT ALL ON base2dynamic.* TO 'base2user'@'%';

with the wildcard '%' i can to connect to the MySQL server in different
machine with command:
             mysql -h<IP_MACHINE_REMOTE> -ubase2user -p

Thanks a lot