-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Pablo Lemos
Ochandio
Sent: 20 March 2006 12:39
To: basedb-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [base] A problem with intidb in BASE2.0RC1

Hi dominic

The database is on the same machine and is listening at 3306.

i copy the www directory of base package to /var/www/html/base2 so my
db.url is: localhost/base2. Is all right?

Thanks

dominic oyeniran escribió:
> Hi Pablo,
> Is the database installed on the same machine as the webserver. Check the
db
> url here:
> --------------db.url              = jdbc:mysql://localhost/base2
> Put the correct url and then the port number MYSQL is listening to. In
most
> cases it is: 3306.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Regards,
> Dominic

net.sf.basedb.core.InternalStorageController

> # Initialisation options to the seconday storage controller
> # The internal implementation wants a path to the secondary directory
> # secondary.storage.init     = /usr/local/base2/secondary
>
> # The interval (in seconds) between checks for new files to move
> # secondary.storage.interval = 3600
>
> # ===============
> # General section
> # ===============
>
> # The path to the directory where uploaded files are stored
> userfiles = /usr/local/base/files
>
> # Number of minutes to keep permission information for the logged
> # in user in memory before it is reloaded from the database.
> permission.timeout = 10
>
> # Number of minutes to keep SessionControl object in the cache
> # after the last use
> cache.timeout = 20
>

> i have tryed to not change any of the settings to check if the initbd
> work. I create a base2user as the documentation say...
>
> I dont know if the problem are to connect to MySQL server or privileges
> of the user. My base2user have privileges to: create, update, delete,
> drop, alter, insert
>
> Thanks
>

> dominic oyeniran escribió:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I reckon its something to do with the database setup parameters in your
>>
> base
>
>> config file. Can u check it again or post it here and I can have a look
at
>> it?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dominic

database....................................................................

>> .11:30:35,173
>> WARN BasicResourcePool:1222 -
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] --
>> Acquisition Attempt Failed!!! Clearing pending acquires. While trying to
>> acquire a needed new resource, we failed to succeed more than the
>> maximum number of allowed acquisition attempts (30).
>> .11:30:36,147  WARN BasicResourcePool:1222 -
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] --
>> Acquisition Attempt Failed!!! Clearing pending acquires. While trying to
>> acquire a needed new resource, we failed to succeed more than the
>> maximum number of allowed acquisition attempts (30).
>> ........................................................11:31:33,739
>> WARN BasicResourcePool:1222 -
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] --
>> Acquisition Attempt Failed!!! Clearing pending acquires. While trying to
>> acquire a needed new resource, we failed to succeed more than the
>> maximum number of allowed acquisition attempts (30).
>>
>> [30%]   Building database failed: Cannot open connection
>>

>> net.sf.basedb.core.BaseException: Cannot open connection
>>        at
>> net.sf.basedb.core.HibernateUtil.newSession(HibernateUtil.java:760)
>>        at
>> net.sf.basedb.core.HibernateUtil.isEmptyDatabase(HibernateUtil.java:439)
>>        at

net.sf.basedb.core.HibernateUtil.createStaticTables(HibernateUtil.java:403)

>>        at net.sf.basedb.core.Install.createTables(Install.java:108)
>>        at net.sf.basedb.install.InitDB.main(InitDB.java:57)
>> Caused by: org.hibernate.exception.GenericJDBCException: Cannot open
>> connection
>>        at

org.hibernate.exception.SQLStateConverter.handledNonSpecificException(SQLSta

>> teConverter.java:91)
>>
>>        at

org.hibernate.exception.SQLStateConverter.convert(SQLStateConverter.java:79)

>>        at

org.hibernate.exception.JDBCExceptionHelper.convert(JDBCExceptionHelper.java

>> :43)
>>
>>        at

org.hibernate.exception.JDBCExceptionHelper.convert(JDBCExceptionHelper.java

>> :29)
>>
>>        at

org.hibernate.jdbc.ConnectionManager.openConnection(ConnectionManager.java:3

>> 63)
>>
>>        at

org.hibernate.jdbc.ConnectionManager.getConnection(ConnectionManager.java:12

>> 2)
>>
>>        at

org.hibernate.jdbc.BorrowedConnectionProxy.invoke(BorrowedConnectionProxy.ja

>> va:40)
>>
>>        at $Proxy0.setTransactionIsolation(Unknown Source)
>>        at
>> net.sf.basedb.core.HibernateUtil.newSession(HibernateUtil.java:755)
>>        ... 4 more
>> Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Connections could not be acquired from
>> the underlying database!
>>        at com.mchange.v2.sql.SqlUtils.toSQLException(SqlUtils.java:104)
>>        at

com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.C3P0PooledConnectionPool.checkoutPooledConnection(C

>> 3P0PooledConnectionPool.java:236)
>>
>>        at

com.mchange.v2.c3p0.PoolBackedDataSource.getConnection(PoolBackedDataSource.

>> java:94)
>>
>>        at

org.hibernate.connection.C3P0ConnectionProvider.getConnection(C3P0Connection

>> Provider.java:35)
>>
>>        at

org.hibernate.jdbc.ConnectionManager.openConnection(ConnectionManager.java:3

>> 60)
>>
>>        ... 8 more
>> Caused by: com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.CannotAcquireResourceException: A
>> ResourcePool could not acquire a resource from its primary factory or
>> source.
>>        at

com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.awaitAcquire(BasicResourcePool

>> .java:970)
>>
>>        at

com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.checkoutResource(BasicResource