> Now I can't speak for the BASE developers, but in my view, plug-ins
 > are what makes BASE tick, so my advice is to go for the plug-in
 > rather than the stand-alone app, if feasible. This way, you can make
 > use of all the BASE facilities for authorization, permissions,
 > database import/export, etc in an optimal way. Plus you don't need to
 > support different JRE's or firewall issues on remote machines.

Hi Emil,

I didn't mean a standalone application (i.e. on the user's desktop machine) -
I meant a separate web application run on the same server that is running base
(from the same tomcat too).

cheers,
Bob.

--
Bob MacCallum | VectorBase Developer | Kafatos/Christophides Groups |
Division of Cell and Molecular Biology | Imperial College London |