Hi Jari,
thank you for your reply.

Jari Häkkinen ha scritto:
>> Good Morning All,
>>
>> I have a lot of Affymetrix array data that I would like to analyze together.
>> The zip that contains these files is very big and I can't upload it to
>> BASE to use Batch Data Importer to import it into my experiment.
>>

> There is a known issue with files larger than 2GB,
> http://base.thep.lu.se/ticket/841
> Is your file larger than 2GB? There is a thread related to this issue,
> http://www.mail-archive.com/basedb-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg01464.html
> The resolution in this thread did not help the original poster but it
> might help you.

Yes, I read these, and I'm using an user with unlimted quota.
I can't use Tab2MageImporter because I'm using base 2.6.3, and at the
moment I want to load only raw data, not a whole experiment complete.

>> It would  be beautiful if were possible to add to an experiment raw
>> bioassays that uses the same Array Design used by existing raw bioassays.
>> Are there any plans to implement such a feature?
>>

> There is the batch data importer,
> http://baseplugins.thep.lu.se/wiki/uk.ac.scri.batchimporter, that you
> already refer to above. Also, there is the tab2mage importer,
> http://baseplugins.thep.lu.se/wiki/uk.ac.ebi.Tab2MageImporter, but I
> think it is still immature.
>
> We may have a look at the batch data importer in the future to see if we
> can improve and customize it for our core facility needs. However, I
> cannot give any time projections for this work.
>
> In principle the current batch data importer should be usable even if
> smaller than 2GB files are used for data upload. Split the zip-file to
> reasonable size, use the plug-in. This will create a lot of raw
> bioassays and assign them to the experiment you selected to import from.
>

> Jari

If my file is much bigger than 2GB, is a very long task to import in
base the splitted files, but I think that I will do in this way
Thank you Jari

Cheers,
Ilenia